February 16, 2011
October 28, 2012
For Christmas I finished a Dory Rocker for the grandkids to use when they come to visit. It was a hit with the under 2 crowd - 3 of my 5 grandchildren are between 12 and 22 months old.
My work on my 31 foot Searunner Trimaran conversion to a motor cruiser was on hold for 3 months while I worked. This week I started laminating the pieces that will compose the deadwood. I am powering it with a Saab Diesel so the deadwood has to support the stern tube strongly as the variable pitch propeller's thrust is directly transfered to the deadwood. I have fabricated a keel addition similar to the sea bright skiffs and so I call "Jenny" a Bright Runner.
Both metal working and woodworking are involved here because of the need to route grease tubes through the deadwood to the variable pitch systems hub.
My new to me Craftsman lathe has been mounted on the bench and is being put to use on an adapter for the engines exhaust, and turning the bolt for a single shot rifle to be used with T/C barrels.
It is good to be back in the shop again, I have an August deadline to launch the boat, and lots of fabricating to do to get it there.