February 14, 2016
This is a rebuild of a boat I have had for years and dragged with me at every move. It survived Hurricane Ivan after breaking free of its dock and ended up in a vacant field. I replaced about 20 rivets near the stern. I have chemically stripped it down to the metal and was surprised the metal was anodized. I removed the seats and the stern boards had rotted away (second time). The dissimilar metals that attached the depth sounder transducer caused electrolysis which ate holes through at the water line. The seats require sheet metal work, wood braces, and paint. I will fix the holes in the stern with aluminum plates made with my mini mill. As soon as the boat is ready to go I start on the trailer I bought at Harbor Freight on sale with a 20% off coupon. I have already extended the tongue and have been buying everything needed at Amazon. I will take a flat bed trailer and install 2x4,s making it into a bunk type boat trailer. The Evinrude it had didn't make it through the hurricane so I bought a 4 cycle 5HP Coleman at the local junk shop for $300. I will use it around the bays and rivers of Florida and fish with my magnet for cool stuff. Metal detector will be aboard for beach excursions. Thinking of making a sun canopy but it can't work double duty as a sail.